Sunday, September 5, 2010

Autumn

"Delicious autumn! My very soul is wedded to it, and if I were a bird I would fly about the earth seeking the successive autumns."
--George Eliot

We got a little taste of autumn this weekend, and the highs were only in the low 70s. This is my kind of weather.

My favorite season growing up was summer, but it kind of lost its appeal when I realized I was no longer getting a three-month vacation. Fall is by far my favorite season now. The weather is crisp and cool, the trees are colorful and gorgeous, and Halloween is a great opportunity to get crafty.

I took this picture last year at Pyramid Hill, a sculpture park in Hamilton, Ohio.

It's supposed to be back in the 90s for the rest of the week, so I'm enjoying this weather while I can. My friend Amanda and I went to Miami Whitewater Park Saturday for an 8-mile bike ride, and last weekend Kyle and I went raspberry picking with my brother and sister-in-law (which Zach and Mandi turned into homemade raspberry ice cream!).

I hope everyone else out there is ready to get out there for fall! There are so many fun options this season. Tons of festivals, pumpkin patches, corn mazes AND!! The Ohio Renaissance Festival. (I'm definitely, definitely going here sometime soon. You can expect a post of me embracing my inner nerd).

Running update: I'm in week 2 of my "Couch to 5k" running program, so I'm running 1.5 minutes at a time instead of just one. It feels pretty great!

2 comments:

  1. I love fall! And I have been most looking to forward to fall in the new house because we can open the windows, carve pumpkins, and host trick or treaters. Best time of year!

    Also--so proud of your running! I need to get back into my Couch to 5k program now that it isn't so hot!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wish we could have Autumn year round!

    ReplyDelete