Sunday, September 12, 2010

Wine

"How is 'education' supposed to make me feel smarter? Besides, every time I learn something new it pushes some old stuff out of my brain. Remember when I took that home wine-making course and I forgot how to drive?"
--Homer Simpson

Something I may not have mentioned about my family--we're a bunch of wine freaks.

I never liked wine when I was younger, but I'm starting to get into it now. When I was growing up, we went on a lot of family vacations. And there were plenty of times we'd be driving along and see a sign for a winery, and of course we'd have to stop.

That was about the time I would sit on a random bench outside until the rest of my family was finished trying various reds and whites.

My attitude toward wineries changed completely about two years ago. I didn't think I'd have to explain to my parents that this was due to the fact that I turned 21 and was finally able to participate. But I did.

Anyway, this afternoon Vinoklet Winery was having a festival, so I went there with my parents, grandma and uncle Bo.

I took a lot of artsy pictures. The place is absolutely gorgeous.





My mom, me, my dad, my uncle Bo and my grandma Mimi
(or as I call her, "Gangsta Meems")


We all split a bottle of their famous Traminette (Mmmmm) and checked out all the crafty booths. It was an enjoyable atmosphere.

If you're at all into wine, I highly recommend making a trip out here. And get their traminette. And then you may thank me.

When we got home, it was to find my cat Albert all tuckered out. I couldn't resist including a picture of him:

No comments:

Post a Comment