Friday, September 10, 2010

I Wish I Could Go Back to College

"I wish I could go back to college.
Life was so simple back then.
What would I give to go back and live in a dorm with a meal plan again!"
--From "Avenue Q"


*Warning* This post was written with a small dose of pessimism!


It seems incredibly unfair that I graduated from college in one of the worst economic climates possible.

I've been unemployed for about three weeks now, and I've been to a few job interviews. I have had two people comment on the fact that I am a college graduate, and not in a good way. They were wondering why I was applying for a dead-end job.

I would love to respond with, "Oh, I completely agree with you. It is complete bullshit that a college degree doesn't get you anywhere right now. But those are the breaks."

I don't mean to complain. It's just frustrating that instead of finding a job I would really like, I'm forced to broaden my search to "ANYTHING."

Let's move on.

Running update: I'm on week 3 of my Couch to 5k adventure. This was my routine today, times two:
Run 1.5 minutes
Walk 1.5 minutes
Run 3 minutes
Walk 3 minutes

I am not going to lie. It did not feel good. It was not easy. My last 3-minute run happened to start at the bottom of a humongous hill, which is just bad timing on my part. But I did it.

Apparently in two weeks, I'll be able to run 20 minutes without stopping.

Haha. These people are crazy.

2 comments:

  1. There's always grad school....come join me this fall!

    And way to go on the program! Where are you running?

    ReplyDelete