Wednesday, December 8, 2010

The Swing of Things

"So, this is my life. And I want you to know that I am both happy and sad and I'm still trying to figure out how that could be."
--The Perks of Being a Wallflower

I've been a complete slacker for the past week or two when it comes to my Couch to 5K project. For one thing, it became way too cold to run outside so I decided to join a gym. Thing is, there are two gyms in my area. So I debated for a while which one to join, then when I finally figured that out, my credit card had expired and I hadn't been sent a new one...yada yada yada, long story short, I finally joined Planet Fitness in Fairfield today.

The gym is a lot nicer than I thought it'd be. It's only $10 a month with a $1 membership fee. There are tons of machines there. I ran on the treadmill for 13 minutes today, which is better than I thought I'd be able to do after having such a long hiatus. I also did some of the weight lifting machine thingies. (That's the technical term, right?)

Anyway, it felt really good to be running again. It's hard to get the motivation to even walk the fifteen feet to my car in the 20 degree weather, so hopefully I can keep this up.

Also, I've been cleaning out my bedroom closet. I've got a ton of boxes from high school and college filled with letters, newspaper clippings, papers. and various ribbons and plaques. It was really fun looking through everything, and made me miss college a bit. I tried to consolidate all those shoe boxes into one big box. So far so good!

P.S. The quote for today is from one of my favorite books. Go read it.

1 comment:

  1. i really like that quote. i read that book a long time ago, but it's making me want to re-read. even though i have sort of a thing against re-reading...it's not fair to the books that are good, but there's just SO many other NEW ones to get to. im behind as it is haha

    ReplyDelete