Monday, December 6, 2010

It's the Holiday Season...

"Once again we find ourselves enmeshed in the Holiday Season, that very special time of year when we join with our loved ones in sharing centuries-old traditions such as trying to find a parking space at the mall. We traditionally do this in my family by driving around the parking lot until we see a shopper emerge from the mall, then we follow her, in very much the same spirit as the Three Wise Men, who 2,000 years ago followed a star, week after week, until it led them to a parking space."
--Dave Barry

I usually consider December to be my favorite month. Ironically, it can also be the most stressful.

The reason for both is Christmas. I think I like the anticipation that goes along with Christmas more than the day itself. The entire month of December is devoted to Christmas songs, cookies, TV specials and decorations out the wazoo.

It's also a time of shopping. On every December 26th, I promise myself that I'm going to get my shopping done early next year. And the day after every Thanksgiving, I think to myself, "Pfft, I've got plenty of time." And then mid-December comes around and I'm all, "WTF, where did the time go?!"

Aside from the usual holiday stress, things are going alright in my life. We finally found a wedding church that's pretty close to our reception site, so I'm feeling much better about things. I have my bridal party all set, including two of my 3-year-old cousins (one of whom is my godson) to be my ring bearers. They're going to be absolutely precious.

Next on the list will probably be finding a photographer/DJ/florist/pianist and picking the food and cake to serve at the reception.

I know this post is kind of all over the place today, but I'm in the computer lab at school with the sixth graders and I felt like updating.

No comments:

Post a Comment