Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Black Friday

"Slow down and everything you are chasing will come around and catch you."
--John De Paola

This one is for you, Chris!

I've heard that I haven't been updating my blog as often as I should. Seeing as my last post was in early November, I can't really deny that. My days have mostly been spent stressing out over the wedding, my ever-frustrating job search and various other bumps in the road. Also, I'm never sure how much I should write about my wedding planning. I don't want to become too annoying.

Anywho, I hope everyone enjoyed their Black Friday! (Oh yeah, and Thanksgiving.) My family and I were crazy enough to get to Kohl's at 3 a.m. this year. And all in all, it was a pleasant experience. Much better than last year, at least.

Last year I had just gotten off of my crutches from a sprained ankle. It had started to really hurt after four hours and my sister fetched me a wheelchair. Not only do I hate unwanted attention, but we went into a lot of crowded shops with narrow aisles. It mostly went like this:

Me: Ow!
Jen: Sorry.
Me: GAH!
Jen: Whoops.
Me: JEN!!!
Jen: My bad.

Anyway. The wedding planning is going well. Kinda. I'm having a hell of a time finding a church in which to get married. I'll feel much better when we have that booked.

Side note 1: I've seen Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows: Part 1 twice already. And I don't care if you judge me. I judge YOU if you haven't seen it. I'm looking at you, parents.

Side note 2: There are two episodes left of Dexter for this season. This show is most definitely adding to my stress level. It. Is. Epic.

I'll start writing more regularly. Promise. But right now, I've got to take this third grader down to dinner.

1 comment:

  1. I want to go on record that I was the one who wanted to go to the midnight showing!

    I'm just sayin'...

    Mom

    ReplyDelete