Saturday, November 12, 2011

Quirks & Dinners

"Life is either a daring adventure or nothing."
--Helen Keller

I really like being married. It takes some getting used to, and I don't mean that in a bad way at all. Kyle and I dated for seven and a half years before we finally tied the knot, so I thought we knew absolutely everything about each other, but we are still learning and adjusting to our quirky habits. Kyle looked at me like I was a nutjob when I threw all my laundry -- that's colors, whites, and reds -- in the washing machine without thinking twice about it (Don't judge me. They turn out just fine). And I'm still boggled by the fact that Kyle doesn't roll his socks. He just lies them flat in his dresser, right on top of one another. I thought it was the standard that everyone rolls their socks...? Am I wrong?

Anyway, it's not a bad thing. I like that we're still learning about each other. And quite honestly, I don't give a damn how he puts away his socks.

Another fun thing to get used to is cooking. We like to cook together, but we haven't tried anything too extravagant yet. The problem with cooking dinner is that you spend 30 minutes to an hour preparing this lovely meal, and it's gone within a few minutes. It kind of reminds me of planning my wedding. I planned everything to the smallest detail for an entire year, and it went by like that!

(You can't see me, but I am snapping my fingers to demonstrate my point).

Our first meal was your basic spaghetti with meat sauce, cheesy garlic bread, and corn. Check it out -- not too shabby!



Our second meal was lighter -- salad with romaine lettuce, apple slices and grilled chicken:


We haven't had any major cooking disasters so far, so that's a good thing. We've also managed cheeseburgers, chicken pockets, and a lot of cheese and crackers when Kyle was trying to win The Biggest Loser competition at work. He came in second place, by the way. How is it fair that a girl diets for two months and loses five pounds and a guy accomplishes the same thing in a week?

P.S. I thought I had been charging my iPod all day and I just realized it wasn't plugged in all the way. Damn.

P.P.S. When am I getting my wedding pics back?? I'm dying here.

P.P.P.S. I spent most of my afternoon cleaning today. I'll have to post some before and after shots soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment