Tuesday, November 29, 2011

O Christmas Tree

"I never thought it was such a bad little tree. It's not bad at all, really. Maybe it just needs a little love. "
--Linus, A Charlie Brown Christmas

This being Kyle's and my first Christmas together as Husby and Wife, I decided to document every little thing about the holiday season and turn it into a scrapbook. Not a hard thing to do, really, when it involves three of my favorite things (Christmas, scrapbooking, and Kyle, if you were wondering).

I'm getting my wisdom teeth taken out this weekend and will be in no state to go anywhere, so last weekend Kyle and I went to a tree farm out in Ross and picked out the perfect tree! I am not a fan of fake trees -- one of the best things about Christmas is that fresh pine smell a real Christmas tree brings into your home. Here are a few pictures of our adventure at Nieman's Garden Center:



We ended up with a good sized, and affordable, fraser fir. These are probably my favorite kinds of Christmas trees because it has good branches for easy ornament hanging, and they smell absolutely fantastic. Here we are with our first Christmas tree!


Then of course we had to decorate it. My parents gave us a ton of lights (I think they buy new ones every year, because they have lights coming out the wazoo), so we took two strands of the little white ones and put them up. We made a great team, by the way.


My aunt had also given us all kinds of Christmas decorations for one of my bridal showers, and I finally got a good chance to look through it all. It's all gorgeous! She got us stockings and stocking holders, a tree skirt, some ornaments, and some other great stuff. Check out the final product:

We still need a tree topper, but I guess we can go without it one year. I plan on going out after Christmas and buying some more decorations. I do love Christmas. It's the most wonderful time of the year, after all.

1 comment:

  1. I love to decorate Christmas tree very much.In America Christmas is enjoy with full of bang.I really liked all the pics that you have shared.They all are very good.

    Orlando Convention Center Hotels

    ReplyDelete