Monday, November 7, 2011

Just Married!

"The best feelings are those that have no words to describe them."
--Michelle Hammersley

Say hello to Mrs. Robinson!

I married my high school sweetheart on October 15, 2011 in Covington, KY. The main reason I've scarcely written or even looked at my blog over the past six months or so is because I was LIT'RALLY (yes, you did just read that in Rob Lowe's voice) spending every free moment researching invitation wording, deciphering complicated flower names, brainstorming for creative table numbers and otherwise planning the most important day of my life.

And it was completely worth it. There is absolutely nothing I would change about my wedding day -- it was perfect!

My professional wedding pictures aren't ready yet (not that I've been checking obsessively or anything), but my family and friends were kind enough to upload their candid pics ASAP on Facebook. Kyle and I used the internet several times at our resort in Mexico to check them out. More on the honeymoon later, though. This post is strictly wedding.


This is me and two of my bridesmaids, Kate (left) and Anna (right). Do you love the color? It's called wine. As long as my 'maids wore long, satin, wine-colored dresses I told them they could pick whatever style they wanted. And they all looked gorgeous. Kate and Anna's day-of bridesmaid duty, which they both performed admirably, was to hold my hand before the ceremony whenever I got a little nervous. Kate flew in all the way from Oregon, and Anna drove three hours or so down from Newark. I cannot describe to you how amazing it was to see everyone. I hadn't seen Kate since we graduated two years ago, and Kyle and I are still marveling to each other how lucky we are that we have friends willing to go the distance (literally) for us.

Some of our professional pictures were taken at George Rogers Clark Park, which is right on the river overlooking the great city of Cincinnati. The photographers told me that this happened to be their favorite place to take pictures (Score!). I cannot wait to see all the photos. I want to e-mail them, just for an ETA, but Kyle said I have to give them at least one month (they told us at the wedding that it would be about a month). Also, aren't the flowers great?! I had no clue what to expect with them, because I booked the florist like five months before the wedding and forgot the names of half the flowers I chose as soon as I stepped out of the shop. But they turned out absolutely beautiful. Thank you, Peter Gregory Florist!


Kyle and me after we've said "I do!" The ceremony was wonderful. We did mess up on the lighting of the unity candle, but it wasn't our fault. The candle in the middle didn't have a wick, so it went out almost immediately. Also, I miss wearing my wedding dress. Maybe I'll move it to my new condo and just wear it around the house some days.

Our reception was at The Madison Event Center, in the Emerald Room, and it could not have gone better. The staff was so friendly and helpful, I didn't have to worry about a thing. Our DJ was also great, and I consider us very lucky to have gotten him. The DJ we had originally reserved had double booked, so he brought our DJ in from a different company. No complaints here -- the dance floor was full all night and he seemed to know exactly what kind of music we wanted played (Might have something to do with the fact that I was extremely organized throughout the entire planning process, and didn't shy away from giving him detailed Play and Do Not Play lists two months before the wedding). Anyway, this is my favorite of the candid wedding shots I've seen. Pretty much catches my complete joy of the day.

I'll have to write more about the wedding day later, like when the professional pics come in. I hope I don't annoy anyone with it. I feel like everyone else has moved on with their lives and regard it as a "fun weekend," and here I am still wanting to discuss every little detail with everyone. I'm guessing the high will wear off at some point, but right now there's no end in sight. Fine with me. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment