Wednesday, March 16, 2011

The Wine Festival

"You can only be young once. But you can always be immature."
--Dave Barry

This past weekend was the Cincinnati Wine Festival at Duke Energy Center, and my fantastic Uncle Bo got tickets for several members of my family at Christmas. I look forward to this thing all year, as my family is more or less a pack of wine junkies.

This year it was my mom and dad, my uncle Bo and his friend Tony, my sister and brother-in-law, my brother and sister-in-law, and me and Kyle.

The event only lasts two and half hours, and we got there about 30 minutes late, so I suppose my first mistake was trying to make up for lost time as soon as we got there. I pretty much frolicked around from booth to booth sipping as many wines as I could, and not bothering with the spit buckets.

I won't go into too many details, but I spent most of the evening with my equally tipsy sister. I talked to a lot of strangers. I broke a wine glass. And I told off the nice people of Graeters for coming up with Banana Cream Pie ice cream, which tasted like baby food.

It was quite the fun-filled evening, even if I was paying for it the next day.

That's about all I have time for right now, as I need to be going off to work, but I'll write again soon (promise).

No comments:

Post a Comment