Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Clumsy

"A slip of the foot you may soon recover, but a slip of the tongue you may never get over." --Benjamin Franklin

I'm a klutz.

This is a fairly recent discovery I've made, when I realized that people around me don't fall down nearly as often as I do. I've always been a somewhat clumsy person. I trip over my own feet, I fall down standing up. And last night I fell down half a flight of stairs.

It was around 11:30 and I was thirsty, so I decided to sneak downstairs for a glass of water. I'm not sure exactly how it happened, but halfway down I slipped. And the top half of my back landed on the corner of a step. And it hurt like hell.

Have you ever had the wind knocked out of you? It's an incredibly uncomfortable experience. My fall woke my mom, who hurried to my side and starting spurting out frantic questions. And I just kinda lay there, sprawled out in some ridiculous shape in the middle of the stairs, not being able to draw enough breath to answer her. It was bizarre.

Anyway, I'm fine. My back is really freaking sore, and I've taken to holding on to the railing with both hands while going down the steps, but other than that I'm okay.

Do be careful out there, folks. It's a dangerous world, and most accidents happen right at home.

By the way, I've been wondering...how many potential readers do you think I lost from my Bill Murray bashing?

3 comments:

  1. I don't think you lost too many potential readers--many of us out here agree with you. ;)

    One tool I have found to track blog readership is Google Analytics. Google the term and set up an account through your gmail. It will track how many readers you have, how many new readers you have, where they found your blog, and how many entries they read. It's pretty interesting!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wouldn't call myself a Bill Murray fan, but I don't mind some of his movies. However, I COMPLETELY agree with you on Nick Cage. He's awful, entirely.

    ReplyDelete
  3. EEPS! Be careful Alex ya don't want to end up back on crutches again do ya?

    ReplyDelete