Thursday, October 21, 2010

Home and Happy

"Whenever I get gloomy with the state of the world, I think about the arrivals gate at Heathrow airport. General opinion's starting to make out that we live in a world of hatred and greed,k but I don't see that. It seems to me that love is everywhere. Often it's not particularly dignified or newsworthy, but it's always there--fathers and sons, mothers and daughters, husbands and wives, boyfriends, girlfriends, old friends. When the plane hit the twin towers, as far as I know none of the phone calls from the people on board were messages of hate or revenge--they were all messages of love. If you look for it, I've got a sneaky feeling you'll find that love actually is all around."
--Love, Actually


I'm home! And I had the most incredible time anyone ever had anywhere!

I'll start with the biggest news...


I'M ENGAGED!!!

My boyfriend of six and a half years (we started dating in high school) finally popped the question in Switzerland!

It was only our second day on vacation, and we had just gone up to this mountain called the Schilthorn via cable car. We had perfect weather, and were in high spirits. Check out that view:

We spent about an hour up there, then took the cable car back down to where we were staying in Murren and decided to hike down to Gimmelwald. After walking downhill for a long time, we saw this bench with a perfect view of the village and the mountains:

After resting on the bench and talking for a while, he got down on one knee and proposed. He couldn't have picked a better spot! My memory is a little fuzzy after that. All I know is that my knees were shaking and I squealed a little.

The rest of the trip was spent kind of as a celebration of our engagement. I spent a lot of time staring at the ring, then smiling goofily at Kyle, then staring at the ring again.

The whole trip was amazing, but this was definitely the highlight! I'm really happy and excited to get started on the planning process.

I'll be sure to talk more about the trip in later posts, but I was just too excited about being engaged. All you need to know about Switzerland is that it is GORGEOUS and you must go there NOW.

1 comment: